Lake Superior College was created when the Duluth Technical College and Duluth Community College Center (actually the Duluthcampus of Hibbing Community College) merged in 1995.
Lake Superior College is a member of the Minnesota State Collegesand Universities System.
Lake Superior College provides high quality, affordable higher education that benefits diverse learners, employers, and the community. LSCís academic, technical, continuing education, and workforce development offerings prepare learners for a rapidly changing global community. College services support learning, and the partnerships connect the college and its learners to a broader spectrum of community life.
Why Lake Superior College
- Offers more than 90 technical majors, programs for transfer, continuing education and customized training for businesses.
- Operates one of the largest online instructional programs in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving more than 750 full-year-equivalent students and offering more than 130 courses each semester.
- Offers semester abroad programs in Italyand Mexico.
- Thecollege's Emergency Response Training Center provides world-class training for emergency response professionals, including firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
- Provides dental hygiene and physical therapy services to students and uninsured residents of the region through faculty-supervised student clinics.
- Honors Online program provides college courses to high school students via the Internet.
- Thecollege plans to offer expanded programs for the aviation industry with the establishment of a center for advanced aviation in 2008.
- A new $12.5 million academic and student services addition is scheduled to open in August 2007.
- An online liberal arts associate degree offers flexible education for busy students.