Murray State University is located in the town of Murray, Kentucky. This is a four-year public university. Murray State has earned a strong academic reputation and has been rewarded with high marks when compared with other regional public universities.
Murray State University provides online degree programs, non-credit online certificate programs, and online courses. All these give students the ability to participate in on-campus life without needing to be physically present. Courses lead toward associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees. Online courses, just like regular courses, are organized into a series of lessons with lectures, reading assignments, and homework.
Online Learning Advantages
- The Online Learning is not time and place specific. Students are able to finish the work at a time and place convenient to them.
- Online Learning is highly interactive with a constant flow of communication between the instructor and the student through the use of e-mail, discussion forums, and chat groups.
- Readings for the classes can be made available electronically. Internet links to books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and other web sites provides the student with instant access to supplemental materials needed to successfully complete the class.
Murray State University offers a variety of services to students enrolled in Online Learning:
- Easy touch-tone registration
- 24-hour access to learning
- Technical assistance
- Virtual library services
- Online bookstore
Murray State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate, Bachelor's, Master's, and Specialist degrees.
The belief that any student should not be denied an education because of financial need is the cornerstone of the student financial aid program at Murray State. Upon this cornerstone is built a foundation of financial opportunities which include grants, loans, part-time employment and scholarships. This foundation supports Murray’s desire to provide educational opportunities for all qualified students.