Moultrie Technical College is a multiple campus institution of higher learning whose mission as part of the Technical College System of Georgia is to provide a culture of learning through occupational education, academic education, business and industry training, and workforce development supporting the education and economic advancement of Colquitt, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties.
Today, Moultrie Technical College has grown to a staff of over 140 full-time and 110 part-time employees. A variety of degree, diploma, and certificate programs are offered. Credit enrollment is now over 2000 students and continues to grow.
Moultrie Technical College Highlights
- Many students concentrating in office and administration, personal services, and beauty and cosmetology.
- Large number of students.
- Affordable tuition & fees.
- Large number of programs of study offered.
- Many mature (40+ year old) students.
The college provides learning opportunities which meet the needs of our four-county service delivery through quality technical education programs and services through the following:
- Qualified faculty and staff.
- Training and skills utilized in the workplace through traditional and online delivery methods.
- Business and industry collaboratives to provide customized training.
- Quality student services, administrative support, educational facilities, and library resources using state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
- Access to adult literacy training.
- Lifelong learning through contributions to the educational culture of the communities served.
Online learning is a convenient alternative to taking courses in a traditional classroom setting. Online courses allow you to learn from almost anywhere and anytime, thus overcoming the barriers of time, distance, and scheduling. Online learning offers the opportunity to take a class via the internet, through Georgia Virtual Technical College (GVTC), using the Angel Learning System.
In addition to online courses, Online Learning at Moultrie Technical College offers two Diploma programs and seven Technical Certificates which can be obtained completely online.
In order to be successful with online classes, students must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and have a basic understanding of computer functions.