Enrollment: 3 terms per year
Financial Aid: Yes
State: North Carolina
Street: P.O. Box 1287
Chartered in 1958 as an Industrial Education Center, Davidson County Community College was designed to provide adults the education and skills needed to move from an agricultural to a manufacturing-based economy. The first classes were held at the former Junior Order Home on Highway 8 in Lexington.
But in 1965 the name of the institution was changed into Davidson County Community College. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science were added to the existing Associate in Applied Science, Diploma, and Certificate offerings. Since then, the Davidson Campus has grown to 11 buildings and two emergency services training facilities on approximately 97 acres. But when a major expansion is completed in 2009, the Campus will have 13 buildings. The additions include a Technology and Conference Center and a Transportation Technology Center.
Due to support from many community partners, DCCC opened three satellite education centers for students who find it convenient to study in a smaller environment. The Uptown Lexington Education Center at 20 East First Street opened its doors in May 2004, with the Thomasville Education Center first offering courses in June 2005 at 305 Randolph Street.The Davie Education Center opened May 2008 in Advance to serve the eastern Davie County Community.
Davidson County Community College offers instructional programs that prepare students to accomplish one or more of the following: prepare for employment opportunities, transfer to senior colleges and universities, achieve personal and professional goals.
Davidson County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.